Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy
Revolutions evaluates each patient individually and formulates a treatment plan that could include prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell injections.
Depending on how severe the tear or weakness is, prolotherapy injections can repair the ligaments at the site with only a few injections of completely natural substances. Prolotherapy uses dextrose to tighten up ligaments and re-stabilize the joint. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) uses your own platelets extracted from your blood to deliver repairing platelets directly to the site of the tear. StemVive® provides a stem cell-based product intended to promote tissue regeneration and healing to the injection site.
There are many degrees of joint injury. There are also many degrees of treatment. You deserve to know your non-surgical options.
- Derived from birth tissue donated by mothers delivering healthy live birth babies by Caesarean section
- Aids in healing and regeneration by utilizing Wharton’s Jelly and placental tissue. These are an excellent source of mesenchymal cells (MSC’s) that can differentiate into a variety of cell types including muscle (myocytes), bone (osteoblasts), cartilage (chondrocytes), and fat cells (adipocytes).
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation. StemVive’s amniotic tissue/fluid is rich in cytokines, growth factors, exosomes, and micro-RNA. These work together to signal the body to heal and repair itself and aid in regeneration.
- Minimally-manipulated and highly concentrated allograft flowable formula specifically configured for injectable delivery
- DMSO free cryo-preservation process maximizes cellular viability post-thaw
- Placental tissues cause little to no immune response in the receiving patient
- Intended for homologous use, StemVive supplements the patient's tissue and assists in the body's natural regenerative functions.
- Human placental product sources have become among the safest & most efficacious methods in regenerative medicine
Sampling of Clinical Research
- Mao AS, Mooney DJ. Regenerative medicine: Current therapies and future directions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2015;112(47):14452-14459. doi:10.1073/pnas.1508520112.
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering Staff. Tissue Engineering and regenerative medicine. National Institute of Health. https://www.nibib.nih.gov/science-education/science-topics/tissue-engineering-and-regenerative-medicine.
- Dewan AK, Gibson MA, Elisseeff JH, Trice ME. Evolution of autologous chondrocyte repair and comparison to other cartilage repair techniques. BioMed Res Int. 2014;2014:272481. doi:10.1155/2014/272481.
- Gilpin A, Yang Y. Decellularization Strategies for Regenerative Medicine: From Processing Techniques to Applications. BioMed Research International. 2017;2017:9831534. doi:10.1155/2017/9831534.
- O’Brien T, Barry FP. Stem cell therapy and regenerative medicine. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2009;84(10):859-861. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2755803/.
Stem cells, like other medical products that are intended to treat, cure or prevent disease, generally require FDA approval before they can be marketed. FDA has not approved any stem cell-based products for use, other than cord blood-derived hematopoietic progenitor cells (blood forming stem cells) for certain indications.
“There is a potential safety risk when you put cells in an area where they are not performing the same biological function as they were when in their original location in the body.” Cells in a different environment may multiply, form tumors, or may leave the site you put them in and migrate somewhere else.
Stem cell therapies have enormous promise, but the science in each use is still in the developmental stage. Professional judgment and expertise is needed in using stem cells for any therapeutic use, and we urge anyone embarking on the use of stem cell therapies to consult the national health data bases to evaluate current information from clinical trials and the FDA websites on human tissue should also be consulted to get its current evaluation of any therapy.